POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Hamapatch zip file 147Kbu - eng_hamapatch2.zip [1/1] : Re: Hamapatch zip file 147Kbu - eng_hamapatch2.zip [1/1] Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:54:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hamapatch zip file 147Kbu - eng_hamapatch2.zip [1/1]
From: Wernbowl
Date: 3 May 2000 16:19:06
Message: <3910A693.32E44FC1@zdnetonebox.com>
Just a word of caution: this pre-release version has NO undo. Use the
latest english version, there are quite a few things you will NEVER see
if you run the japanese version on a non-japanese Windows computer. He
updates roughly every 2-3 weeks, so a new english version should be
coming along soon:)

Other misc issues:
unlike sPatch, you cannot add new clip shapes
no material settings
lights don't work as expected (in BMRT, at least)
if you want to make a moebius strip, DO NOT attempt to use a twisted
ribbon, use a spline that is to be the edge, and then add crossing
splines.