POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: General qualities of the logo. : Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo. Server Time
30 Apr 2024 17:52:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo.
From: vaihtoehto
Date: 3 May 2000 06:14:31
Message: <390ffc07@news.povray.org>
>Likewise in the logo contest; it is for logos only. A logo is not just a
>word that can mean anything we want it to mean. All the experts agree that
>good logo is a simple piece of 2D graphics consisting of a few colors only,
>and it must work in just black and white too. Since we want to find a good
>logo for POV-Ray, the submitted logos should follow these criteria.

i agree.
saying that "i'm ready for 3d!!!1!" generates only messy p0V-rAy!!1!
text-shit-logos..
as i see it, the *basic* logo has to be simple black and white outline
without text.
(outline can be perspective, though, but truecolor shading etc. just makes
it unusable)

and "text" doesn't mean letter elements, it means a few lines of words, like
"pov-ray, persistence of vision raytracer".
that kind of things are far away from true logo.

then there could be colored/4d/whatever versions of that basic logo outline.

-alt