POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug verification: POV-Ray crashes if values are to long : Re: Bug verification: POV-Ray crashes if values are to long Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug verification: POV-Ray crashes if values are to long
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 May 2000 20:52:07
Message: <390f7837@news.povray.org>
In article <390EE6B5.4CC317F5@gmx.de> , Manuel Moser <mos### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> And if somebody can fix the bug why not do it?

Why? Because it is in the compiler libraries, not in POV-Ray! What do you
prefer, the team chasing extreme condition compiler problems 0.00001% of
users may ever notice or getting the real bugs fixed of which there are
still plenty left.
There are certain limits to resources of the POV-Team, it is that simple.
Just keep in mind we in the team do this for free in our spare time, POV-Ray
is not a commercial program.
Of course, if someone wants to fix the Watcom libraries (if they are
available in source code, if not it is simply impossible to fix this bug by
the team!) he or she is welcome to submit this patch to the team.

      Thorsten

This is my own opinion, I do not speak for the team.