POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output options : Re: output options Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output options
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 May 2000 18:41:05
Message: <390f5981@news.povray.org>
Uh, ignore my first reply here, I was pretty sure I knew the answer.
I know it partially anyhow.  It is like you thought for the new x and y
dimensions.  I was almost positive the third number was for color
depth.
I still have DTA on this machine so I checked on that.
I could only get the two numbers to be used meaningfully.  What the
third optional number is I couldn't say.  I managed to do a:

dta test.tga /iscaled.tga /ft /sc,8  (but not without comma)

to be without error except the saved targa wasn't anything.
Trying:

dta test.tga /iscaled.tga /ft /sc320,240,8

fails, so it appears to be neither color depth nor predefined resolution.

Bob