POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO : Re: POVLOGO Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLOGO
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 May 2000 15:39:52
Message: <390f2f08$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote :

> Sorry, but what you think is close enough, I think is not close at all.

    Well what I meant is close enough to show that it could be done. In 5
min., by hand with only a switching of screens as a guide, and it is close
enough that most people would have recognized it. But if it had been done in
a spline in the first place, it would be -exactly- as hard to duplicate in a
spline. That is, not very hard.

    But personally, I think that some of the ones I made that were less of
an exact match were in some regards a better looking symbol. I suppose that
even if I made a "better" one you would say that since I didn't do that
particular one, POVRay just can't do as good a job.

    I think you have a fixed Idea and don't want to see anything else.