POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output options : Re: output options Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output options
From: Mike Weber
Date: 2 May 2000 14:12:56
Message: <390f1aa8$1@news.povray.org>
According to the POV help:
The process continues until it reaches 1*1 pixels or until it reaches the
size you set with Preview_End_Size=n or +EPn. Again the value n should be a
number greater than zero that is a power of two and less than or equal to
Preview_Start_Size. If it is not a power of two, the nearest power of two
less than n is substituted. The default ending value is 1. If you set
Preview_End_Size to a value greater than 1 the mosaic passes will end before
reaching 1*1, but POV-Ray will always finish with a 1*1. For example, if you
want a single 8*8 mosaic pass before rendering the final image, set
Preview_Start_Size=8 and Preview_End_Size=8.

And that's what I did.  Now I understand - it will go from 8, then to 1,
instead of 8,4,2,1 - hmmm - too bad - that's not what I want to do.  Its for
an animation of 450 frames - and to render a very small image, then resize
it larger for 450 frames is a lot of work.  I guess letting it run overnight
is what I need to do....

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com