POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hall of Fame : Re: Hall of Fame Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of Fame
From: TonyB
Date: 1 May 2000 23:16:32
Message: <390e4890@news.povray.org>
>He is one of those traitors who has gone over to the dark side
>and uses 3DS Max so that is really the only appropriate group for him
>now...

He wants to get a job. POV is a hobby program. Max is a "professional"
program. If you want real money, you have to know how to use "professional"
programs. He just went with a big name he knows he can trust. For the rest
of us, there is POV. And besides, he never nocks it, he admits and knows
that POV is very good. I don't think I've ever seen him say otherwise.

Besides, is the dark side so evil after all? Thanks to the efforts of the
darksiders we have movies like Star Wars, and characters like Jar-Jar... OK,
OK, *bad* example...