POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Why should POV-Ray have a logo? : Re: Conclusion? Server Time
2 May 2024 02:03:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conclusion?
From: Rune
Date: 30 Apr 2000 15:51:33
Message: <390c8ec5@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> > "The purpose of the logo is to add
> > recognition of POV-Ray to those who
> > knows what POV-Ray is."
>
> Not quite disagree, but I was still
> working on my thoughts. They clunk
> around so clumsily that it takes a
> while to get anywhere with them.

That's OK, if you disagree, we can just continue the discussion from here.

>     In general, I think it should go
> both ways. I would like it if I saw a
> little hidden mark or an unusual shape
> and I could tell by my arcane knowledge
> that the image was made with POV-Ray.
> I would also like for people to start
> seeing this mark in some of their
> favorite images and then months later
> make the connection to POV-Ray. I
> would like to be able to see their
> faces but I will be satisfied with
> just imagining it.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the logo should be some kind of
hidden mark that people can put on their renderings, and then people who see
these renderings can become aware of the mark (logo) months after they see
it? An that should be the purpose of the logo? Or have I misunderstood
something?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,