POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: General qualities of the logo. : Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo.
From: ddombrow
Date: 30 Apr 2000 14:50:07
Message: <390c805f$1@news.povray.org>
don't forget metacreations: http://www.metacreations.com

caligari's and newtek's are pretty simple when you break them down.

if you look under softimage XSI from the homepage, you'll see a very fine
logo for that product.

on the pages for genesis 3d and armanisoft, you'll find what I would call
banners, not logos.

The biggest distinction to make is that it is not that a logo cannot be
complex, employing chromed effects and 3d effects and such, but that the
basic design must have merit in and of itself without the employment of
those effects. Perhaps the case I am trying to make is that a good logo can
be displayed simply, not that it necessarily will be.

--
Dan D.

"Through the Eye of a Needle"
http://fbox.vt.edu/D/ddombrow/
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message