POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: General qualities of the logo. : Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:06:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: General qualities of the logo.
From: Rune
Date: 30 Apr 2000 12:24:53
Message: <390c5e55@news.povray.org>
"Ken" wrote:
> Don't confuse a logo competition with an
> icon competition. They are not the same
> thing and have two totally different
> intended purposes.

As I see it, most good logos can be made into icons because they are so
simple.

To prove that a logo by definition is very simple, I think we could all go
hunting for logos on the internet and post links to them here. If a logo is
available in different version it is the most simple version that counts.
Then we could see how simple a logo generally is. The more known company,
the better, because they know what they're doing. I think we will find out
that a logo generally is very simple and uses one or a few colors only.

Examples that I know without link references are the logos of Apple,
Windows, McDonald's, Intel, Shell, Nike, MTV, Amnesty International, and
hundreds more I can't remember right now. They all use one or a few colors
only, and they're all easily recognizable in a very low resolution, and in
black and white. Please remind me of / show me some that are more detailed,
because I can't think of any.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,