POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Why should POV-Ray have a logo? : Re: Conclusion? Server Time
1 May 2024 20:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conclusion?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 30 Apr 2000 11:30:15
Message: <390c5187@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message
> It seems that people generally agree here.
>
> I think the conclusion could be cooked down to this sentence:
>
> "The purpose of the logo is to add recognition of POV-Ray to those who
knows
> what POV-Ray is."

    Not quite disagree, but I was still working on my thoughts. They clunk
around so clumsily that it takes a while to get anywhere with them.

    In general, I think it should go both ways. I would like it if I saw a
little hidden mark or an unusual shape and I could tell by my arcane
knowledge that the image was made with POV-Ray. I would also like for people
to start seeing this mark in some of their favorite images and then months
later make the connection to POV-Ray. I would like to be able to see their
faces but I will be satisfied with just imagining it.