POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? : Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? Server Time
4 May 2024 18:52:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition?
From: Ken
Date: 1 May 2000 02:56:38
Message: <390D26DB.B414D697@pacbell.net>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> > 3.) The POV-Team reserves the right to reject any "winning" entry
> >     they feel does not meet with their expectations. A second or
> >     third place entry is just as likely as a first place entry
> >     to be chosen by the POV-Team as their official logo, or none
> >     at all. This is at the sole discretion of the POV-Team and
> >     will be decided internally by them.
>
> Very good !  So, we don't need to vote, and could concentrate on
> the designs !  (I firmly believe that pseudo-democracy has nothing
> to do with any creative process)

That is a good point. It is up to the participants to decide if
they want to hold a voting period. It might be good for pointing
the POV-Team towards the popular entries but their decision will
be based on what they themselves like and not what the users say
they have to use. I hate to say it point blank but the POV-Team
may decide not to use any of the logos submitted. Lets call that
a very pessimistic point of view on my part.

The impression I got from them was that they really are interested
to see what comes from this and it is a good opportunity for someone
to contribute something to POV-Ray that very few people will ever get
a chance at. Heck, I might even try to contribute now that I know
there is a chance it will be used by the POV-Team, officialy.