POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? : Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition?
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 30 Apr 2000 01:16:08
Message: <390BC0B1.1B20BDC8@skynet.be>
What we've been doing is rather an "icon competition", which is
not bad, since that's maybe the most common thing we see when using
POV-Ray.

However, as Ken points out, it's a little limitating, and we could
need a wider approach.  In fact, I'm thinking about some "graphical
chart", something that includes a logo, icons, color set,... and
general guidelines about how to process with the creation of a
POV-Ray-wise graphic element.

For example, I've seen Apple's graphical chart, and, on two busy
pages, it explains how the logo is constructed, how you should
put the colors, how you should place it on bags, soft boxes,
trucks, which font to use, etc, etc...

I'm trying to find it on the web, but didn't have any success...

So, maybe we could have a contest to choose a general design
option (that would be materialised by a logo), and then declinate
a graphical chart, based on it.

Fabien.