POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Source Code Help!!!! : Re: Source Code Help!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source Code Help!!!!
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 26 Apr 2000 22:33:38
Message: <3907a702@news.povray.org>
Rotation and translation coupled together such as that of a ball rolling
along a floor takes the use of  pi*(BallRadius*2)=Dist  then translate Dist*x
for example.
Just a matter of moving along the same distance as the circumference of the
sphere.  If more than one roll (>360 degrees) then you would just multiply
that amount by Dist.  720 degrees becomes 2*Dist*x

Bob