POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc : Re: Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 25 Apr 2000 23:45:57
Message: <390658B5.FA2CD8D5@peak.edu.ee>
Sven-Erik Andersen wrote:

> the value if I have the IOR-value for both violet and red? Is it as
> simple as IOR_Red/IOR_Violet?

Whom what I've gathered from the scant documentation, that seems about right.
From the MegaPOV docs:

The dispersion value is the ratio of IOR values for violet to red. Good numbers
are 1.01 to 1.1. The IOR value given by the ior keyword is taken to be for
yellow-green, the color at the center of the spectrum.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee