POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc : Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Q. about MegaPOV Dispersion, and warning about an error in NewIOR.inc
From: Sven-Erik Andersen
Date: 25 Apr 2000 18:32:56
Message: <390617bf.657118766@204.213.191.228>
Haven't had much time to use it, but started to look through the docs
yesterday. And I have a question about dispersion. How do I calculate
the value if I have the IOR-value for both violet and red? Is it as
simple as IOR_Red/IOR_Violet?

Unfortunately, Daren's pages about it is unavailable for the moment.

I thought I would update the NewIOR.inc file for those minerals where
I have both IOR-values to include the dispersion values. I need to
update the file becouse of an error in it (line 129, Greenockite_IOR
should be :
  #declare Greenockite_IOR = 2.50 + 2.52 / 2; // Cadmium Sulfide

Sven-Erik Andersen
----
sve### [at] andersenas
sea### [at] mailcitycom