POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 3D Pattern ? : Re: 3D Pattern ? Server Time
20 May 2024 00:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Pattern ?
From: Ken
Date: 24 Apr 2000 09:35:09
Message: <39044D37.C19870FE@pacbell.net>
Hendrik Iben wrote:

> Hi,
> What I want to do would be best realised with functions as I want to simulate
> physical behavior...
> Is there no interface in POV-Ray's script language for these sort of patterns
> ? How did they make the bozo pattern ? Is it just built in ? ....

As Warp said all of POV-Ray's pigment patterns are built in. There is
a patched version of POV-Ray called MegaPov that offers a feature
called Isopigments. These Isopigments will allow you to create custom
mathematically defined patterns of your choice. The POV-Team is
currently working on adding this custom version of POV-Ray into the
next official version of the program and is due to be released later
this year. If you are impatient to try it go to the address Warp
provided and download the custom version and give it a try.