POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need a little math help : I need a little math help Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  I need a little math help
From: Phil Clute
Date: 23 Apr 2000 23:01:08
Message: <3903B99A.B95AB357@tiac.net>
I can't remember how to determine the new x y coordinates in a
circle and it's been a while since I've done any real math, so trying
to work the problem by myself has resulted in failure...

If I have a radius of 10(pov units)and the line is then rotated by
say 45degrees(or whatever angle I need), what is the new <x,y>?
I can't remember the formula for it...

I could just translate the object along x and then rotate around z,
but I kind of need the math to find it's new postion.

TIA
--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.