POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New logo competition? : Re: New logo competition? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:47:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New logo competition?
From: TonyB
Date: 21 Apr 2000 20:35:16
Message: <3900f3c4@news.povray.org>
>Will the current competition do, or should we make a completely new one?

I don't think it would be a bad idea to start a new one. Since people don't
seem to understand/like the current one a new one seems in order.

>In case a whole new competition is made, the results of this competition
are
>practically useless. We can, however, use it to see which logos have
>potential.

As far as I can tell, the front-runners are 4, 6, and 11 (joy!).

>Better logo definitions.

I think that has been explained pretty clearly. All you need is to collect
all that have been discussed into one document that summarizes this in a
clear, concise fashion. You should explain the difference between logos and
their presentations. IMHO, I think that all the logos submitted should be
black and white. Color is only part of the presentation. Don't you think?

>Better voting rules.
>Better discussion about the voting rules.

Sounds like a good idea.

>Logo improvement.

Capital idea. I think I already suggested this (or at least thought about
it). Here's my idea: The authors could submit their logos as they originally
conceive them. Then voting should occur. Sound familiar? Well, here's the
twist. Next to each priority, one should briefly (one sentence) explain what
one liked or disliked about it. The authors would be given a certain time to
improve on their logos and a new vote should occur. That's the part where we
proceed with your original plan.

>More people.

Yeess! I concur! <japanese>Kite, Niponjin, kite!!!</japanese>

>More time.

I think that's a bit too much time. Two months should be enough. But, first
we need to spread the word to all the other POV newsgroups around the globe,
with a translation of the rules for the people there.

>More organization.

Yes. I concur.

>I will need people to help me!

I don't have any time right now, but I'll see what I can do next month. :)

>Official support.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind. They love good and helpful support and feedback
from the users. (Right?) Hail the POV-Team!