POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here ! : Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !) Server Time
3 May 2024 04:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !)
From: Ken
Date: 21 Apr 2000 12:26:31
Message: <390080E6.97FA0A9E@pacbell.net>
Rune wrote:

> My neighbor doesn't live in *my* house, but if he did, I think he had the
> right to decide things too.

The way our president is elected is a bit confusing even for many of
the people that live here. In all but a very few cases the American
public does not elect their president. The American public elects
representatives in each state who they feel best represents their
political views. These people in turn are responsible for representing
those views in national presidential elections. Our government is
not a democratic government. It is a representative government.
When the final presidential election is held these representatives
whom we have elected, cast electoral votes. It is these votes that
actually determine who will be president. There are some situations
where the popular public vote can over ride the representitive
vote but I don't remember enough of the details of this process
to explain it to you.