POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here ! : Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !) Server Time
17 May 2024 19:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 20 Apr 2000 08:03:21
Message: <38fef209@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote :

> The winner logo will be the logo that the most people think is an
excellent
> logo for POV-Ray.

    Then I should withdraw my vote, because although I saw a few adequate
logos and a couple of nice ones I have yet to see an excellent one. I would
hate for my vote to indicate anything other than my favorites among the ones
presented.

    I think it is clear that people have an interest in this and that voting
is the best way to decide the favorite, but without some method of counting
those people who think that none of the logos are good enough we don't
really have an Idea of "what most people think is an excellent logo". Which
is what I agree we should be looking for, but really, none of them,
including the several that I made and did not submit, stood out as a -Great-
Logo for PovRay.

    You say that you had included it (a 'none of the above' selection) in
your first set of rules, but that many people found those rules confusing. I
admit that I lost track of what you were trying to do after a few sentences
and didn't even read the rest. No wonder I didn't comment on it then...

    I appreciate the work you have put into this and will abide by the final
result of this process unless you or someone else decides to take it upon
themselves to do something further, but please remove my vote from the
record.