POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here ! : Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !) Server Time
17 May 2024 19:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !)
From: Warp
Date: 20 Apr 2000 05:47:11
Message: <38fed21f@news.povray.org>
Hold your horses! This should not be a flamewar :)

  Here in Finland when voting for a president, the winner has to get more
than 50% of the votes in order to win. If he/she doesn't get it in the first
round, then a second voting is made with the two candidates who received most
votes in the first round. Now in the second round one of the candidates
surely receives more than 50% of the votes.
  I don't know how much sense does this system make, but I think it's a quite
common system in many countries.
  At least it sounds fair that more than a half of the voters agree about who
is the president.
  The idea is that those who didn't vote for either one of the two final
candidates in the first round will decide who of them is their choice in
the second round (of course there are people who don't vote at all in the
second round, but they are a surprisingly small amount).

  I was just thinking about something like this system. Those who didn't
give highest score to the two/three logos which get highest overall score
can then decide which one of them they like the most. This gives them a
second opportunity to decide, to give their vote. This way we get the
maximum amount of people agreeing about the winner.