POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.1g and russian letters and fonts : povray 3.1g and russian letters and fonts Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  povray 3.1g and russian letters and fonts
From: Dmirty Bystrov
Date: 16 Apr 2000 15:08:58
Message: <38fa0fca@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Is there anybody fromRussia here?

I am a programmer from Russia. I create computer graphics and
animation for educational programs. I use PovRay about four years.

I used PovRay 3.00.msdos.wat-cwa. Now I want to use PovRay 3.1g, but I
have a problem with russian fonts. I was not able to use unicode fonts
in PovRay 3.0, but I used non-unicode fonts. Now I can not use russian
fonts entirely. Why? I think that a code page does not check with the
russian code page. For Windows 95 the russian code page is 1251.
PovRay 3.1 has a lot of new and I would like to use it. What must I do
to render russian letters with PovRay 3.1? Please, help me.

I have attached a zip-archive with a example of using russian letters and
a russian ttf-fonts "baltica". I think this file is not very large.

Please write me by e-mail: bd### [at] nicaru
Thanking you in anticipation
                      Dmitry

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: