POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scripting in MegaPov? : Scripting in MegaPov? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Scripting in MegaPov?
From: Chris S
Date: 16 Apr 2000 15:01:35
Message: <38fa0e0f@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this is MP specific but I've never had this problem before.
Maybe I'm just insane but whenever I use cylinders or cones in  #while loops
within MP the parsing time is incredible.  I've checked the loops to death,
making sure the script counts the way it's supposed to, increments the right
way, etc.  Everything looks right, and the same exact loop works for torii
and spheres taking but the normal fraction of a second.

Anyway, here's the code.  It "should" rotate cylinders around a cone and
declare it as object "Tower1."

#declare NT1 = 360;
#declare Tower1 = union {
  cone{0*z, .75, 3.25*z, .25 material {GlassTex1}}
  #while (360 > 0)
     cylinder{<0,0,0>,<0,0,3.288>, .25 rotate -8.75*y translate -.75*x
rotate NT1*z texture{DarkMetal1}}
    #declare NT1 = NT1 - 30;
  #end
}