POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Fur, Human hair etc. textures : Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures
From: Geoffrey Potvin
Date: 15 Apr 2000 02:41:53
Message: <38f80f31@news.povray.org>
> Also, do feel free to ask me (or ask for me on these groups) directly -
Ken
> can always be relied for an excellent answer, but I should take
> responsibility now and then for supporting my own creations!  Oh, and
please
> do post your finished image - I'd love to see it...!

Yes...it worked! I had forgotten to ...or I guess it wasn't apparent that I
had to redeclare the hair objects themselves each time (by default the
plug-in declares a hair object whether you do or not ...and I was over
looking this before).

I don't know if this is breaking the rules here ...but here is a test image
for the hair (perhaps I should be posting this elsewhere?). It is far from
complete and only one of many figures I plan to do ...it will be a while
before I have something finished. I thought I'd post this before this
discussion vanished in the passing time.

I started with a more primitive figure to experiment. It looks pretty fake
because of the lousy lighting I'm using to study all the test fur/hair etc.
more clearly ...but as you can see, with a bit of scenery and some
atmospheric effects (smoke, fog etc.), it will be fairly convincing. I
suppose this gent will end up in a stony old castle ...perhaps at a heavy
wood table with a fresh kill and a mug of mead or something. By contrast, I
would like to create some high fashion models in a modern techy environment
...slick hair-doos and wearing expensive looking watches etc. The ultimate
goal, initially, was to create totally life-like subjects ...think I'm
getting there.

Thanks Chris & Ken ...and as always...Thanks for the amazing POV-Ray
raytracer.

Geoffrey

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: