POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Extension conflicts? : Re: Extension conflicts? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extension conflicts?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Apr 2000 00:52:38
Message: <38f7f596$1@news.povray.org>
In article <38F7D251.B2955029@mindspring.com> , "A. R. Goldman"
<arg### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:

> I have been having some problems with my new Mac, which seem to
> be a result of extension conflicts leading to booting up
> problems, and intermittent crashes. I have installed several
> applications on the Mac, and am trying to run down leads; and
> wondered if anyone else had experienced these problems with
> PovRay and Mac OS 9...

I have not had any Mac OS 9 specific bug or problem reports.

POV-Ray does not install anything in the system folder (except the
preferences file of course) or anywhere else outside the POV-Ray folder it
is in, deleting the preferences file and the POV-Ray folder will remove
POV-Ray from your hard disk completely.

      Thorsten

> (And apologies for the cross posting with
> comp.graphics.raytracing. But you never know who will have the
> answer...)

PS: Note that you cannot do any "real" cross-posting to news.povray.org and
your local Usenet as news.povray.org is not connected to Usenet (meaning
cross-posting simply does not work, you only get two separate posts).

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.