POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Already converted DEM files : Re: Already converted DEM files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Already converted DEM files
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Apr 2000 19:09:29
Message: <38f7a529@news.povray.org>
No help maybe but here's URLs to the two programs mentioned there at the gtopo30
web page.
http://www.esri.com/software/arcview/index.html
http://www.esri.com/software/arcinfo/index.html

I think it just comes down to the change in data format.
See the section 5.0 here in the readme:
http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30/README.html#h15

Bob

| So, is there a way I can convert this 'simple binary raster format' ? With
| Photoshop 5 maybe.
| I have to say that I have never heard of this file format.
|
| If anyone knows if/how it can be converted. I tried to open it as a RAW  file
with
| different options, but all I get is a blurry image.
|

| Thanks
|

| > Check out the FAQ there, this type of DEM is not ASCII.
| > http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30_faq.html
| >
| > Bob

| > |
| > | I read the readme file, but it does not say how to handle the files.
| > |
| > |
| > | I have the feeling that the DEM file is not a proper one ( The DEM
extension
| > | is not correct here).
| > |
| > | I downloaded the file from :