POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Fur, Human hair etc. textures : Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 11 Apr 2000 19:56:21
Message: <38f3bba5@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> I don't have the macro or the instructions in front of me right now
> but with Chris' utilities if you want to use different effects from
> the same file you usualy need to include the file multiple times for
> each effect you need.
[snip]

Close - with the macro files, I've actually tended to have the file itself
included once, with subsequent macro calls used to create the effect(s).
For the hair macro file this means you'll want multiple calls of both the
hair object types, and the read_mesh macros, e.g.:

  #include "pcmhair.mcr" // Beginning of file

  #declare [ hair options ] // First mesh
  smooth_triangle_hairs_object () // Uses above options
  read_mesh ("scalp_left.pcm") // Uses above options and hair type

  #declare [ hair options ] // Changed options for second mesh
  smooth_triangle_hairs_object () // Uses above options
  read_mesh ("scalp_right.pcm") // Uses latest options and hair type

  #declare [ hair options ] // Changed options for third mesh
  triangle_patch_hairs_object () // Uses latest options
  read_mesh ("eyebrow_left.pcm") // Uses latest options and hair type

  #declare [ hair options ] // Changed options for third mesh
  triangle_patch_hairs_object () // Uses latest options
  read_mesh ("eyebrow_right.pcm") // Uses latest options and hair type

The declared options at each stage can be just those that have been added or
changed since the last options, or you may use a full set of declares each
time (which might make it easier later on to see how everything is actually
working).

Also, do feel free to ask me (or ask for me on these groups) directly - Ken
can always be relied for an excellent answer, but I should take
responsibility now and then for supporting my own creations!  Oh, and please
do post your finished image - I'd love to see it...!