POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Fur, Human hair etc. textures : Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:55:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fur, Human hair etc. textures
From: Geoffrey Potvin
Date: 10 Apr 2000 20:49:29
Message: <38f27699@news.povray.org>
OK ...it took me about three days to get the hang of this ...but now I'm
getting stumped again!

I have three separate meshes to apply hair to ...a scalp piece, a left and a
right eye brow (maybe more later ...facial hair etc.). Each requires
different thickness, lengths and growth directions etc. of hair. The
declarations for one seem to take precedence over the other two ...or can
you declare different types of hair types in the same scene?
(I hope so).

I probably should be asking Chris Colefax directly, bur perhaps someone here
else is also playing with these macros. Aside from that, I would highly
recommend these ...very convincing and with a little practice you can create
virtually any hair style, fur type or even plant cover. By breaking your
mesh into pieces you can even create parts in the hair (hair must point in
opposite directions) ...curious to see how others have responded to this.
Actually, the mesh deformation in general is an excellent complement to
POV-Ray's procedural texture capabilities.