POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Map Tutorial? : Re: Image Map Tutorial? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Map Tutorial?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Apr 2000 05:19:04
Message: <38eb0508@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
| Chris, I never really understood this part: am I correct an assuming that the
| width of the view at the look_at point is the same with an orthographic
| camera? If not, how do you determine the width of the view?

I just happen to be answering before Chris since I'm online at this time of
morning, so excuse me if I'm interrupting please.
'up' and 'right' define the dimensions of the orthographic view window, centered
on 'look_at' of course.
The good thing about it is you can use what will be your image map resolution
for the values, as in up 300*y right 400*x.
Watch out when positioning the camera so as not to put it right near <0,0,0> as
someone had pointed out a while back here at the newsgroups.  Seems that the
orthographic camera can break down at too small a range from the look_at.  You
should be able to safely put the camera at any typical distance (for
simplicity -10*z and looking to <0,0,0>).
This makes for a kind of hollow bar which runs a length away from the camera yet
stays the same width and height for the entire distance.

Bob