POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : (ANNOUNCE) Pover 2.01 (Advanced POV-Ray options frontend) : Re: (ANNOUNCE) Pover 2.01 (Advanced POV-Ray options frontend) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (ANNOUNCE) Pover 2.01 (Advanced POV-Ray options frontend)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Apr 2000 02:57:45
Message: <38e5abf9@news.povray.org>
Best described as a shell to POV-Ray.  The usual things you'd want to set are
there, like image resolution, antialiasing selections, and animation choices
(number of frames, start/end clock, subset frames).  Apparently one of the
intents is to save specific configurations into it's own file format, a kind of
project manager.
What's needed is a way to read an Ini file such as the povray.ini.  I found that
you can't include more than one library path and so with it overlooking the
povray.ini I wasn't able to render just any file I had since the paths to
Include files are scattered around a lot here.
It would make for a good inclusion into POV-Ray.  I want to suggest the using of
Ini files and Animation settings to have a default of Final Clock 1 instead of
0.  The one instance of a "include" folder is limiting.
Thanks for making this "shell" Ernest, much potential in it toward more GUI in
POV-Ray than it currently has.

Bob