POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro-ripping >:) : Re: Macro-ripping >:) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro-ripping >:)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Mar 2000 15:17:03
Message: <38e1133f@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:03:58 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:25:40 +0200, Zeger Knaepen
><ZEG### [at] studentkuleuvenacbe> wrote:
>
>>Is it OK for everybody that I just take all the macros and INC-files I
>>can find (from your pages, from this newsgroup, ...) and put them on
>>my site (of course giving the creator the credits) to make one large
>>(enormous might be a better word) collection?  Or does someone
>>disagree with this?
>
>I hope the rest of the TAG members won't get mad at me for disclosing
>that a similar project has been discussed among us as a possible to-do
>in the future. If you could do our job, that would be great :)

Doesn't this run afoul of copyright?  Just saying "speak up if you have
a problem with this" isn't good enough, as those who posted the macros
in question may no longer be active here.  I think you'll have to contact
each and every macro author to get permission.

FWIW, Zeger, any include files or macros I've posted here are free for
the taking; just don't file off the serial numbers and try to pass them
off as your own (not that I think you would.)