POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can you make a mesh object solid? : How can you make a mesh object solid? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  How can you make a mesh object solid?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 25 Mar 2000 14:02:02
Message: <38dd0d2a@news.povray.org>
I have a somewhat complex mesh object (an Elefont mesh to create text.)  If
I use another object (say a sphere) to create a difference between the two
objects then the mesh "shows its insides" and appears hollow.   Is there
some method that can be done with a mesh object to make it solid?  I tried
using a difference with a box and then inversing it (hoping that somehow it
would fill the mesh) but that doen't work.  I have been using Elefont to
create font meshes and I really need someway to solidify them.  If I use
standard TTF text object in Povray that object IS solid but it does not have
any way to bevel the edges.   Help!