POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : texture : Re: texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Mar 2000 12:15:53
Message: <38d50b49@news.povray.org>
I've posted a simple test of CSG slices and it's individually textured parts at
the povray.text.scene-files group so that others may check this sort of thing
out for themselves.
It's a typical problem that's been heard many times before I'm sure.
What POV-Ray needs is a hierarchy of CSG texturing with which previous textures
can be kept even after another object is once again put into CSG with the first
CSG object without loss of the original texturing.  Something akin to
reset_children in MegaPov (well, vaguely like it anyway).
Best I could come up with in  POV-Ray 3.1g  was to use the CSG object on itself
in a way that makes the first textures stay simply because the thing is CSG'd
with itself instead of another differently (or altogether non-textured) object.

Bob