POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Video output : Re: Video output Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video output
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Mar 2000 14:02:26
Message: <38d28142@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
|  Pioneer has one for just over 200 $US too,
| but I don't know at all what's what yet.

Whoa!  I was supposed to say a DVD-R player there, sorry.  URL to some:
http://www.videotechplus.com/DVD/DVD.htm  The Phillips DVD825AT for one.
I was thinking more along the lines of Video CD for now and DVD-R drive for
making them much later (if ever, ha-ha).
Anyway, it might be pricey either way you go but to have a DVD player capable of
playing a Video CD also can be in the price range of a good computer video card
with TV-Out and it's no doubt better than going to VHS.  Only thing is, you
would still need the video encoding to get the Mpeg-2 or whatever onto the CD
via a CD-R or CD-RW drive.  More money needed but I was thinking of quality and
the better appliance (DVD vs. VHS for example), especially as time goes by.

http://www.proh.com/DVD_and_CD_compatibility_chart.shtml
http://www.pioneer.co.jp/press/press1999-e.html

This first URL might clear some things up about DVD, the second is news.

Bob