POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-file that crashes POV-Ray : Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 17 Mar 2000 09:08:00
Message: <38d23c40@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Thank you very much for replying!
>
> I'm starting to get really frustrated about my array-macro-problems.
> Do you recommend that I use some other compiled copy of POV-Ray?
> Is there any non official compiled copies available?
>
> Or should I try to compile one myself?
>
> Is DJGPP capable of compiling for Windows NT (and Windows 98) and
> would you recommend it?
>
> And if it shows up to really be a compiler problem, do you think there
will be
> made any new official copies of v3.1g ? ... Soon ?

Last time I checked there was some talk about DJGPP for Windows - try
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/ for more information.

What to do about fixing the problem really depends on what you plan to do
with the finished project that uses the code.  If you want to distribute a
generalised macro file then you might have to settle for a programming
compromise (i.e. no local variables).  If it's for your own use and you
don't fancy using a DJGPP DOS compile you might have to find an alternative
compile.

As regards fixing the problem in future versions, it might be helpful if
others here could test the code on their systems first.  This should help to
narrow down the problem before you set about posting an official bug-report
(after which I might hand over to Ken, who I'm sure can provide details on
how this should be done...!).