POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Video output : Re: Video output Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video output
From: Lance Birch
Date: 17 Mar 2000 07:49:33
Message: <38d229dd@news.povray.org>
Hmmm... DVD could be an option.  Even then though you'd need a fairly good
system to do the playback through, a lot of DVD drives and decoder cards for
computers are still lacking a bit.

Because my G400 supports separated screens I can run the second monitor at a
correct TV refresh rate, and use MAX's new RAM buffer to play the animations
out without dropping any frames.

From what I've seen from Perception though, it never drops frames, but
that's going into $1000s :(

DVD sounds like a good idea, I hadn't thought of it before.  (anyone know if
DVD-R can be played back through normal "set top" DVD solutions?)

--
Lance.
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone