POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-file that crashes POV-Ray : Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 16 Mar 2000 20:24:59
Message: <38d1896b@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The file below makes my copy of POV-Ray stop executing.
>
> And then "Dr. Watson" in Windows NT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 4)
> claims that there has been a program fault in pwengine.exe
>
> The PC has an AMD K6 200 MHz MMX processor and 128 MB RAM.
>
> I am using plain POV-Ray v3.1g.watcom.win32 (Pentium II optimized)
>
> Can someone else please also try to run the file below and tell me
> about the result?

The code you posted does not cause problems on my DOS versions of POV-Ray
3.1a or 3.1e.  However, the file does crash on my copy of 3.1d.  Changing
the #local directives within the macro to global #declare's seems to fix the
problem.

As to the cause, I can only suspect a compiler problem (or incompatibility
with your system).  I compiled my copies of 3.1a and 3.1e for myself (using
DJGPP), whereas the official copy of 3.1d (like your copy) was compiled by a
WatCom compiler.