POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 12 Mar 2000 20:20:07
Message: <38cc4247@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
> do.

    Perhaps I am mistaken. I supposed that since the docs recommend it, new
users are often told to do it, and it make sense to do so in terms of
declarations, that most people would do so.

    Personally, BTW, I don't care about character count. My insert menu box
looks like:

/////////////// box ////////////////////////
box {
     < -0.5, -0.5, -0.5 >,
     <  0.5,  0.5,  0.5 >
     scale      < 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 >
     rotate     < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
     translate  < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 >
     texture { DefaultTexture }
        } // end box

    ... I do it like this so that I have to type less. I mouse delete
anything I don't need and modify the rest to my requirements.

       If I am putting it in a loop or something I will chop it down, but
otherwise...