POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: TonyB
Date: 11 Mar 2000 21:27:16
Message: <38cb0084@news.povray.org>
>I particularly like the ideas posted above of adding the C-style FOR loops
and
>such.  I would find these particularly helpful as I am just getting my feet
wet
>with C programming and I could work on my C coding with POV.

I mentioned how great for-loops would be about a year ago. My idea was
rejected at the time. I personally prefer writing

#for(C,C<N,C++)
[block]
#end

to writing

#declare C = 0;
#while (C<N)
[block]
#declare C = C + 1;
#end

And I think that it would help a lot of code to look cleaner. What the heck,
why not make it so you write for-loops, but POV reads it in like a while
loop for its own internal purposes?