POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media syntax question : Re: media syntax question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media syntax question
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Mar 2000 02:34:04
Message: <38c9f6ec@news.povray.org>
I almost tried to give an answer then decided I had better check before doing
so.  From what I remembered of trying out these two ways of using media before I
was going to say additive and multiplicative.  After trying a few test renders I
didn't find that to be the case, or I just wasn't doing something right.
Seems that the other 'interior' contents get overwritten much the same as any
other statement block works, ie. pigment {}, normal {}, finish {}.
Now that I've read the Doc on interior, I could only find mention of two (or
more) media within one interior and it said that would be considered "additive".
Ah, wait.  I neglected to include scattering.  Now there's a big difference,
otherwise the two ways appear identical without it.

Bob