POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LEGAL DOC : Re: LEGAL DOC Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LEGAL DOC
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Mar 2000 04:08:03
Message: <38c223f3@news.povray.org>
I only see the "legal" dialog box when switching between versions (official
Pov-Ray for Win and MegaPov).  As it turns out you can change the Pvengine.ini
file after you quit POV and stop that from happening by making a line in that
file read: version=win32 or version=unofficial-win32 depending on which POV you
leave last and want to start up next.
Not really worth the extra effort to do so though is it?  Anyway it could be
done, you'd just need to run a batch file which changes that file accordingly
after each program exit.
This leads me to wonder what is going on there in your case since like I said it
only happens when I switch versions or if the system time is advanced a certain
period since the last run.  Checking it out here a one month advance caused it
to show up, but a second attempt to do the same did not until several months
advance was done on the system clock.
Could be related to some problem with your system clock, but that's just
speculation.  I run POV so often it probably gets little chance to reset.

Bob