POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? : Re: New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Group?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Mar 2000 13:17:34
Message: <38c1533e@news.povray.org>
It wouldn't be perfect, nothing is.  It would provide a break-away group of
"take a look at this, plus questions" postings which would be much more
appropriate for referrals to the other groups as was said.  In being that,
however, it would necessitate more permanence so as to be around for the
pointers coming from those other message postings elsewhere, i.e.
povray.text-scene-files example images.
Another thing to consider might be to have a much lower file-size limitation (I
can hear grumblings already), say 250KB; I'd even think that to be large for
such a temporary thing if downloading is the concerned anyway.  But then maybe
not temporary is the way to go for reasons stated, such as questions and answers
+ images need to be around to learn from.

Bob