POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Curmudgeon for 2000 : Re: Curmudgeon for 2000 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curmudgeon for 2000
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 2 Mar 2000 21:01:51
Message: <38bf1d0f@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" wrote:
> Intended to be 100KB not 100MB no doubt.
> I agree very much with your comments, I am one of the people with a very
poor
> connection (I shudder to think others might have worse!) so a 100KB
> message+attachment takes one minute to retrieve as it is.
> The average time per day for p.b.i. alone might be about 15  minutes or
more.
> Not really a terribly long time but it can be a long wait sometimes when I
go
> through each one individually so the time seems stretched out further.
> A good (bad?) example would be the recent maze postings there.  I could
easily
> see those being reduced to horribly compressed Jpeg images and still get
the
> idea of what they are  ;-)

Not having contributed any work in the past, before I posted my examples I
meandered through the newsgroup to see example posted file sizes.
I didn't think mine were that large.  My latest postings were intended to be
the last for that macro, and I wanted to show the different combinations.

I guess I should set my render sizes down a bit.

Perhaps I'll do better in future.  Perhaps I won't bother again.

rc