POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation encoders : Re: Animation encoders Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation encoders
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 1 Mar 2000 10:33:50
Message: <38bd385e@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> I took a look around for a Linux Mpeg encoder (with GUI front-end) and
found
> nothing.

I know no nothing about Linux - yet :-) - and next to nothing about mpeg,
but, freely translated from a message from Serge Larocque
sgl### [at] hotmailcom on the french newsgroup nzn.fr.3D.pov on
news.newz.net (212.198.91.25):
--------
If you are running Linux, I'd advise using mpeg3encode rather than
mpeg_encode, as I do not find this last one to be satisfying. You can find
these utilities on the web: www.mpeg.org, www.mpeg1.de, and www.mpeg2.de
(you can also use www.mpeg.de, but this one is in German). mpeg2encode can
build mpeg1, mpeg2 PAL, NTSC but I could not get any good mpeg2 outputs, so
I only use mpeg1. I believe that mpeg2 is only usable with hardware
decompression, using a card.

I hope this can help you.

Povingly

Philippe