POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light inside a sphere filled with small holes : Light inside a sphere filled with small holes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Light inside a sphere filled with small holes
From: Paul
Date: 27 Feb 2000 12:11:48
Message: <38b95ad4@news.povray.org>
Thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far with all my questions, and
especially to Ken for guiding a relative newcomer to the newsgroup and to
POV-Ray!

This is something that i've been trying to do on my own for a few weeks now,
but I just can't seem to get anywhere with it. Hopefully someone out there
can help.

Firstly I want to created a hollow sphere that is filled with small holes. I
imagine it looking like it's been sprayed with gunfire.

Next I want to place a light source inside the sphere so that the light
shines out through the holes and creates narrow beams of light, perhaps
making use of some mist or fog.

I would also like to animate the scene with a camera flying around the
object. It would also be useful if the light source could be switched off at
the start of the animation and then about 1/3 of the way through the
animation suddenly increase from a low glow to a really bright light.

I know it's a lot to ask for and that there are many issues to consider, but
i'd be really appreciative of any comments, source code or advise anyone
has,

Please e-mail any files to me if possible (or reply to this posting of
course!)

Thanks
Paul