POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can someone explain some things to me? : Can someone explain some things to me? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Can someone explain some things to me?
From: TonyB
Date: 24 Feb 2000 23:42:02
Message: <38b6081a@news.povray.org>
I need to know what a "bounding slab" is. I also need to know what a "light
buffer" is. I want to know because they're making the parsing of a scene I'm
working on *really* slow. They happen right at the end after having read in
the POV file. I'm trying to make a forest with some Gilles Tran trees, and I
have 5 different trees which I place in different ways. I have some with a
recursion (is this the correct word?) of 3, and those go in the background,
some with 4 that go in the foreground and some with 6 that go right in the
front. When I put them all together the big slowdown happens. Individually
and they all parse pretty quickly. I don't get it.

PS: Does anyone have pictures of Dagobah, or some similar planet to put my
IRIDIA to explore on? The forest is my lame attempt at a Dagobah. It doesn't
look like the real thing at all, as best I can recall. TIA.