POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LiteStep really is faster... : Re: LiteStep really is faster... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LiteStep really is faster...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Feb 2000 06:51:16
Message: <38b3c9b4@news.povray.org>
Well the main reason I quit using it was that I had troubles with the Virtual
Desktop, the clocks date insisted it was the year 100, and I couldn't get a
weather app to show up consistently.  Just didn't make sense to keep using LS if
the things I wanted to try and make a different Windows desktop with weren't
going to go right.  Oh, and the Start Menu replacement never worked right
either, it wouldn't scroll past the ends; a very important factor, to me anyway.
That doesn't mean I won't go back and retry it again someday though, since I
suppose a new build of LiteStep.exe itself will be available someday perhaps.
Let's just say that I'm not convinced anything is more worth the trouble than
Windows.  Everything else still has to be set up from scratch it seems to me
(Linux, etc.).  If the next PC I get has dual booting to either Win or Linux,
for example, then I'll be there to try it out  ;-)  I just can't see putting all
my time into getting something else working.  I spent that whole month doing
mostly that LiteStep stuff it seemed and nothing much else.  Where's the sense
in that see?  And not even ending up with a working system to use.
But again, for playtime it's fun to do different things.  Sorry, but that's how
I see it.

Bob