POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LiteStep really is faster... : Re: LiteStep really is faster... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LiteStep really is faster...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 23 Feb 2000 06:22:56
Message: <38b3c310@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <38b3b686@news.povray.org>...
>I finally put LiteStep on here a couple months ago and only used it a month
>because the various parts (Wharfs, Dwarfs, Virtual Desktop, etc.) I had put
>together were causing problems I guess.
>Maybe it's too late for me and Windows has me forever bound to it and
there's no
>escaping.
>Seriously(?) though, I was doing a "Refresh" of LiteStep so often I finally
>decided to go back and just Restart Windows occasionally instead.

Strange. The only time I refresh litestep is when i add something to the
start menu
and want the popup to reflect it or edited the step.rc.  Explorer crashes
about once a day, litestep
once a month if that

I did find that it's best to put litestep on a clean install of windows.
there might have been some
odd programs causing problems.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
* Definition of an upgrade: Take the old bugs out, put new ones in*