POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animated can questions : Re: Animated can questions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated can questions
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 21 Feb 2000 17:50:15
Message: <38b1c127@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote:
> Object Bender. The can is made up of a cylinder and a couple of lathes
> for the endcaps.

I haven't had the chance to check the URL's you posted, so I can only offer
wild guesses!  It sounds like the flickering might well be related to the
radiosity - the easiest way to confirm that would be to render without
radiosity and see the difference.

The "jumping" around is possibly a result of the way you are using the
Object Bender: are you sure the can is centered the way you wish, given the
object_axis1 and object_axis2 vectors you specified?  Otherwise, increasing
the bend_smoothness value will give better results (as almost always, at the
cost of rendering time).  If you like, feel free to email me the code you
are using with the include file and I'll see what I can deduce...